9.20.2004

if you werent so sincere...

Today i was sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house talkgin on the phone to fra nka dn drinking coffee when some guy appearred out of nowhere and squatted in the street and took my picture. And wouldnt tell me why. We theorize that hes making a coffee table book about people who dont get god reception int heir apartments and then sending it to verizon to protest...

Or maybe its because its the first day of fall and im wearing legwarmers....

Which leads to tess's greatest comment, as i came running into her room to show her my newly restrung badminton racket and she said "youde be the biggest hipster ever if you werent sincere"....and shes right. my bike has basket (at least its not wicker). I think legwarmers are so functional, and i live at the corner of clinton and stanton because i can afford it and walk to school.

Though im never walking again. the other devlopment is that somehow instead of NYC and law school turnign me into an alcohalix sophisticate or a smarmy intellectual (though i am obviously both as well), it has turned me into an uber jock. And oww does it hurt. I bike verywhere south of time square. I take ice skating lessons. I joined the NYU badminton team. I swim at the sports center.

Joining the badminton team is great. I think we play downstate and Columbia competitively. It so weird, I htink that NYU is like the weird brown of grad school. Aplace where everyone forms a community by rejecting the idea of one. A place that has 40,000 people and yet still doesnt care about its football team. I mean, at brown i didnt know who are rival was (dartmouth perhaps?) and here i couldnt even fathom what teams we play?!

As it turns out, we play all those other school that you cant fathom. Our division, according to flags in the gym, is CMU (!), brandeis, emory, case western, university of chicago and washington university. HA. The violets v the tartan. that'll be a rager.


A rager the likes of the VHS or Breta show i went to on friday at the knoitting factory. I liked it alot. IT was like outhud crossed with the cure with a hint of lake trout. although lake trout would eat them alive. There was one hysterical guy dancing there and at some point someone opened an umbrella and hoisted it and hte silly guy screamed "indoor umbrella dance party!"

And lastly, i managed to watch all of angel season 4 since last thursday. In credible. I dont knwo how they let that stuff be on television. I am scarred and cant sleep. I find myself screamign at connor and throwing things and being genuinely haunted. So beyond the level of Hush. Roomie isnt home and ill be watching at 3am and i really cant believe that the rest of the country saw this on network tv.....

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, As part of a sports related degree, I'm doing some research into some Badminton related search 'keywords' e.g. 'badminton club'. I've used badminton club to contact people but I need more input. Any suggestions on where to look?
Thnx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home