9.09.2004

i am ever true to me

today was probably the most me day ive had in months, with all its good and bad parts.

So in procedure today i made the mistake of letting on that im the economist. We were reading this case about this copmany that basically finds its was around paying into the washington state unemployment fund. This is supposedly the most famous procedural case ever, soemthign to do with corporations being treated as people, interstate commerce, blah blah blah. So our entire is all about htis entire fairness principle. So i asked if anyone ever looks at this case and says "gosh that international shoe is one clever mutherfucker" cause, they, like, gave their sample salesman only *one shoe*. And screwed over washington (maybe).

So later when i was talked to the professor about why people are vilifying this company instead of insisting that washington amend its tax law, he asks me if i have a science background. I said economics and he basically told me i was fucked....well...he told me i was in for a very frustrating experience. stupid fairness.

Then he brings up the same point in class about plahying within the ruls v playing fairly...and he uses the yankees as an illustrative example for half and hour. it was pretty fun. then we start talkign about efficiency, talks about this judge posner guy, then picks on me....

Then I have torts. I HATE TORTS. its an entire class about touchy feely. With all these girls who dont speak loud enough, including our professor. We're talking about this case where a captain docks his boat illegally during some storm and damages the dock. The issue is that he *needed* to do it or the boat would have been lost.

So i start thinking about decisions analyis and expected value and say that even though the boat guy has to pay 500$ for the dock, he didnt lose his 15,000$ boat. Meanwhile the dock owner has to tak ehte time to rebuild. The boat guy is the clear winner in this situation, even though he technically lost. our professor says "well...that is *exactly* what judge posner would have said". I am so fucked.

So im just gonna slip this little piece of informaiton in here. I got lyme disease at coventry. seriously, or at least nyu health services thinks so, which isnt sayign much. Seriously though...the fucking last phish show, after i devoted my time, energy, money, love, and brain space to this band for 12 years...has brought me the following:
a natural disaster
the worst stash ever
my "idol's" mental breakdown
a broken heart
a brush with death (hyperbole)
lyme disease

then again. this is so me, to get into a fight with someone right before they leave.

After school today, carla and i went to the yankees game,us sitting at first base, its sorta raining but then left somewhat early, which was awesome cause im at home now watching the football opener, with peyton mannign yet again as my fantasy qb. 3 out of 4 years.And i realized that the greatest moment ever would be to have the football game on the jumbotron. I wouldve even bought *another* $8 miller light. Sweet.

note: the title is a reference to "ever true to brown", our school song that of course no one knew. Seriously, i think i went to the two schools with the least school spirit and cohesiveness. Damn blue hawks ruined me forever....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home