7.11.2006

post world cup depression

So depressed. This is like post 2000 sumemr tour where I cried in the car all the way home from ohio. We went out with quite a band, having a great party upstate that turned into summer camp. Days of playgin in the lake, soccer games, huge meals, and me getting over my fear of sleepign on the porch thanks to steeley dan.

This is definatelyt he world cup Ive been the most into for various reasons. I was on vacation for much of it, and there no more phish tour for me to obsess about (my headyness totally robbed me on interest in 1998). I got to watch every game of the last three weeks and they were all fabulous (except for ukraine switzerland, but what can you expect from the boring swiss). Even the games that sucked had some entire randomness that made them memorable (im still not over portugal v netherlands) Whiel peopel bitch abotu there being only europe teams in the top 4, none of them were particularly strong, which made a tournament where the dynamics were dictated not by a cindarella story but a desire to root for teams who played nice clean gamesd and villanize portugal and players whose names may literally translate into "pigf*cker".

All in all, i am very said now. time to refocus energy on karate and apartment redoing.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bet you would watch swiss/ukraine is it was on now live...

love from the equally missing something wonderful

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Buck up little camper.

And, if you're interested, I have a tiny little survival guide posted for those of us who have the Post-Word Cup Blues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home